computer not going to sleep?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
for some reason, my computer doesn't turn off its monitor any more. i check the energy saver preferences, and its the same that i've had them before. can anyone help me trouble shoot this?

the screen doesn't even dim anymore

macbook 10.5.1

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bonsai1214 View Post

for some reason, my computer doesn't turn off its monitor any more. i check the energy saver preferences, and its the same that i've had them before. can anyone help me trouble shoot this?

the screen doesn't even dim anymore

macbook 10.5.1

I had the same problem several years ago with 22" ACD. Apple store tested my G4 tower - no luck. Finally, they checked the display itself and found it at fault. Luckily, it was still under warranty and they sent it back to Apple. Apple fixed it. No problem since.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    the thing is that it did go to sleep just a few days ago. i don't know what changed
  • Reply 3 of 3
    patsfan83patsfan83 Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bonsai1214 View Post

the thing is that it did go to sleep just a few days ago. i don't know what changed

I have a Dual 2.5 PPC Powermac. I just installed Leopard on a separate internal drive and am having trouble getting it to sleep properly. Originally, the screen would go black and then everything would mount right back up after a couple seconds. I read that deleting any HP folder in your system/lib/frameworks would help...now my external drive unmounts and the screen turns off, however my computer doesn't go into deep sleep mode (pulsating light, drives off)--anyone know what the problem could be?

Thanks