Just bought a Blackberry

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Certainly not elegant

Certainly not intuitive

but---I don't have to deal with ATT's EDGE network--and I can stick with Verizon

Hopefully Apple will kick ATT in the butt and get a real network going---

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammick View Post

Certainly not elegant

Certainly not intuitive

but---I don't have to deal with ATT's EDGE network--and I can stick with Verizon

Hopefully Apple will kick ATT in the butt and get a real network going---

If by real network, you mean their own network, that sure as hell ain't happening. They could go on a Google network, but I don't think that's likely either.

Hopefully, Apple's exclusive 5-year agreement with AT&T refers to the agreement of AT&T data-package profit sharing and exclusivity rather than exclusivity of the iPhone period. As in, should Apple decide it would be in their best interest to sell the iPhone unlocked in increase sales volume and increase profit in exchange for no longer getting "royalties" from AT&T, they could do so. But I don't know the nature of the contract. What's more than likely, however, is that in the next few years, some supreme court lawsuit or some new legislation will require the opening up of the wireless industry, or maybe, if the government doesn't do it first, Google through their market force will.