MacBook Pro Repair issues.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
My first post is a complaint. How fitting.

To make a long story short. I send my MacBook Pro in on Monday for "dust" between the plastic and the LCD screen. They needed to send it out to be replaced. So today, the following Thursday, it's done and I go pick it up. I naturally inspect it and notice a "pixel anomaly," (a small white dot) as the employee described, it on the screen. He went on to say that LCD screens have a certain margin of error and that I could send it back, but they might not fix it due to this. Fine, I didn't want to be without my computer anyways. So I continue to inspect my computer and notice that the case is damaged (a huge gash) in one of the corners. Alright, now my computer is worse off than it was. I show them this and they have to ask their manager. He tells me that since they didn't do it, the repair depot must have, so I have to call AppleCare. I do, and after waiting 20 minutes on the phone, the rep. takes care of things and arranges to have my computer sent back for a new display and a new case. Problem solved right...no.

Should I be concerned that my computer is being shipped across the country twice, display replaced twice, and now the case? That all can't be good, and I'm worried about problems in the future. It would make more sense to me (probably not to Apple) for them to just replace the computer.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Unfortunately, I don't think they will replace the computer. The problems are purely cosmetic and they have pretty strict guidelines about dead/stuck pixels. The case will get fixed and I would count myself lucky if they replace the screen.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scout7id View Post

Unfortunately, I don't think they will replace the computer. The problems are purely cosmetic and they have pretty strict guidelines about dead/stuck pixels. The case will get fixed and I would count myself lucky if they replace the screen.

yes, but the case damage had to have been caused by some sort of collision severe enough to cause a gouge. Something that severe could also have damage something else (i.e. the hard drive). There are no problems now, but lets say after a few weeks of use (spinning) it finally screws up...then what. I'm inconvenienced again.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aflo2 View Post

yes, but the case damage had to have been caused by some sort of collision severe enough to cause a gouge. Something that severe could also have damage something else (i.e. the hard drive). There are no problems now, but lets say after a few weeks of use (spinning) it finally screws up...then what. I'm inconvenienced again.

Bring it back again. Are you dealing with the guys at the Novi store? I was in Detroit for the Super Bowl a couple of years ago and had to bring in a Powerbook for repair of the backlight and was not treated very professionally there. If you have to deal with those guys, I'd suggest you try another Apple Store.