Anyone else have leopard dock problems?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Does anyone else's dock images get all funky with lines sometimes in Leopard? Mine does, but for no apparent reason.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    No, that sounds weird. Might be artifacting? Is your Mac overheating possibly?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    My mac usually stays around 40-50º F. I don't think that is overheating. Could it be that i hacked my dock?(replaced scurves) I doubt it though, as i think i did everything right, and many other people have hacked their docks with no problem.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Yes, I have had the same thing off and on since my install late November.

The distortion is characterized by the icons becoming very narrow in the dock and one or more become a bright lime green.

I finally took a screen shot when it recurred tonight, only this time it only screwed up the iChat icon. If I can I will attach it.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    I've seen this happen on machines with integrated graphics - it occurred fairly frequently when the Activity Monitor app was set to show the CPU history. Does this happen using the 2D dock or is it just the 3D one?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macgeek33 View Post

Does anyone else's dock images get all funky with lines sometimes in Leopard? Mine does, but for no apparent reason.

I have had a few problems, not with the images, but with the dock itself. I keep my dock hidden, and twice it has either refused to come out of hiding, or has just gone. I cant tell the difference between as I keep it hidden. As a result I had to restart the computer the first time, and the second time, a kill all dock command to the terminal got it up again. Strange. This never happened with Tiger.

Sorry, not the same problem as yours but thought it was worth a mention.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macgeek33 View Post

Never happened to me.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adjei7 View Post

I have had a few problems, not with the images, but with the dock itself. I keep my dock hidden, and twice it has either refused to come out of hiding, or has just gone. I cant tell the difference between as I keep it hidden. As a result I had to restart the computer the first time, and the second time, a kill all dock command to the terminal got it up again. Strange. This never happened with Tiger.

That's happened a few time under Tiger for me. I just have to go to the apple menu > Dock and turn off hiding. I still have to relaunch the dock or it will do it as soon as I turn hiding on again.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    bigbearbigbear Posts: 1member
    Just had this problem appear on my Intel Mac 10.5.2. The dock images would have lines streaked on them. some just outright disappeared and some were only half the image. I read up about the problem on several sites. My solution that works as of now was going into System Preferences and moving the dock from the default bottom to the left side....same problem occurred their but with different icons. I then moved it to the right side, played with it and finally moved it back to the bottom. No problems with it now. So, simply moving it around solved my problem.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigbear View Post

Just had this problem appear on my Intel Mac 10.5.2. The dock images would have lines streaked on them. some just outright disappeared and some were only half the image. I read up about the problem on several sites. My solution that works as of now was going into System Preferences and moving the dock from the default bottom to the left side....same problem occurred their but with different icons. I then moved it to the right side, played with it and finally moved it back to the bottom. No problems with it now. So, simply moving it around solved my problem.

I'm having the problem now too ... does it look like this?