Bit Torrent?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and Apple as well. I bought my first Mac a month ago. So I am trying to find out what software is available for Mac that's comparable to PC software. I have been trying to find a Torrent that will help me find movies etc. I would also like to find any programs (mainly free downloads) that can help me make my new Mac experience pleasurable.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ddozier234 View Post

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and Apple as well. I bought my first Mac a month ago. So I am trying to find out what software is available for Mac that's comparable to PC software. I have been trying to find a Torrent that will help me find movies etc. I would also like to find any programs (mainly free downloads) that can help me make my new Mac experience pleasurable.

Thanks

Azureus - Most windows like

Tomato Torrent

Transmission
  • Reply 2 of 3
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    xTorrent has a nice built in search feature but some limitedness unless you pay - I would check it out though, good speeds.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Hi, I'm also new to my iMac and have been looking for a reliable torrent solution for Mac as well.

I found that all of the above mentioned software gets throttled by my ISP. I noticed it after no matter what file I chose the download would hover around 20kbs going slightly higher or lower at times. Just to compare I started downloading the exact same file on my PC with uTorrent and in about a minute I was downloading above 100kbs. My ISP is Time Warner's Roadrunner and torrent throttling seems to be a pretty popular thing these days to limit the bandwidth used.

uTorrent's web site claims they're working on a Mac version so I guess I'm waiting for that.