Airport Update

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have installed the latest Update..... everything seems OK.....just one question..... the update is 'installed' by the software update panel, then you upload it to yuor ABS (so far no problems)... restart and everything is fine - my question is that can I assume that the update has nothign to do with the airport cards in each of my computers (3 connected to the base station at home) and that the update is purely about the ABS ?

if so - I can report that it works so far! If not - please let me know about the airport card side of things.

Cheers

adam

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    adam11adam11 Posts: 163member
    i am concerned because Apple's intro for the update says it is a firmware update for the Basestation and a driver update for the cards..... but how does that happen for the cards on the network.... dow they automatically pic it up from the basestation - sounds like magic to me.

cheers

adam
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by Adam11:

<strong>i am concerned because Apple's intro for the update says it is a firmware update for the Basestation and a driver update for the cards..... but how does that happen for the cards on the network.... dow they automatically pic it up from the basestation - sounds like magic to me.

cheers

adam</strong><hr></blockquote>

What is a driver? Does a driver for a CD burner get placed on the CD burner?

The card driver is on your machine and enables the OS to talk to the card.

The AirPort update needs to be installed on all your Macs.