WorldOfApple.com to offer live stream to MacWorld 2008.....

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
.....but only if they think enough people are interested.

I implore you to go to their site PLEASE!!!! And register your interest in seeing macworld 2008 live online. If they think enough people are interested then they will setup and prepare the service for people to get that access.

So please go here: http://news.worldofapple.com/archive...-interest-now/

And register your interest!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Get moving people I'm not kidding!!

If worldofapple wants to set this up then I'm all for it. But please, the more people that registers their interest the more they will be encouraged to set up the hardware and bandwidth necessary.

.......so go........go and click away at the link.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    Well unless they got permission from Apple to do this, this won't happen.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    I smell a scam.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    That's not scam you are smelling, that's spam…

;^p
  • Reply 5 of 22
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRonin View Post

That's not scam you are smelling, that's spam?

;^p

Yeah there is something not right with this. If they make no mention of permission from Apple themselves, and knowing it is not possible without it. It just wont happen. And they are asking for money? WAZZUPWITDAT!
  • Reply 6 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

.....but only if they think enough people are interested.

I implore you to go to their site PLEASE!!!! And register your interest in seeing macworld 2008 live online. If they think enough people are interested then they will setup and prepare the service for people to get that access.

So please go here: http://news.worldofapple.com/archive...-interest-now/

And register your interest!!

i am not buying it...
  • Reply 7 of 22
    I don't get it. What could be wrong? They mention that there are six slots for sponsors to be featured on the site as the video is streaming. If they get a large audience then there will be more people to look at those logos of the sponsors. So worldofapple wins, the sponsors would win, and apple fans watching the live feed would win.

Look, think whatever you want, you smell a scam....fine. You smell some fish....fine. Whatever. I just want to see macworld live this time so if your reading this raise ya lazy fingers to click a link and submit a form saying "yes, duh I'm interested".

I did the same and they actually emailed me back that yes they will be offering this service free if enough people respond.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    After they've collected everyone's email addresses, they suddenly find they don't have the rights to broadcast it.

But, in the meantime, they've got a nice database of keen Mac user email addresses for free.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    Quote:

I did the same and they actually emailed me back that yes they will be offering this service free if enough people respond.

What reputable outfit goes around doing business this way?
  • Reply 10 of 22
    Ok, so I'm back from my little vacation. Now who da hellsbeen callin me a faker or a plant or troll/lackie of "da man"??? Hmm???

I recently joined applesinder because I'm on the brink of becoming a mac user. Perhaps you can call me mac convert as it were. But I really really really want to see this year's macworld live because reading updates from blog during the keynote is just beyond pathetic and sad.

I want to witness it live.

And I truly believe that worldofapple isn't running a scam and is going to make this happen. You can criticize all you want while me and several others will be enjoying a live stream of the event.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Ok, so I'm back from my little vacation. Now who da hellsbeen callin me a faker or a plant or troll/lackie of "da man"??? Hmm???

I recently joined applesinder because I'm on the brink of becoming a mac user. Perhaps you can call me mac convert as it were. But I really really really want to see this year's macworld live because reading updates from blog during the keynote is just beyond pathetic and sad.

And I truly believe that worldofapple isn't running a scam and is going to make this happen. You can criticize all you want while me and several others will be enjoying a live stream of the event.

Enjoy....
  • Reply 12 of 22
    Quote:

What part of: "Apple is not broadcasting a live stream" are you not understanding here?

You say you are a soon to be Mac user. Well you could take the advice of a bunch of veterans and come to realization that this wont happen, or you can keep playing dress up.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

What part of: "Apple is not broadcasting a live stream" are you not understanding here?

You say you are a soon to be Mac user. Well you could take the advice of a bunch of veterans and come to realization that this wont happen, or you can keep playing dress up.

Mmm...they might be trying something like this:

http://www.mobiletelevisionreport.co...unches-so.html

http://www.mobiletelevisionreport.co..._live_str.html

A live stream from a cameraphone would suck quality wise and if it were actually available their servers would get crushed along with a note from Apple legal that they should put their affairs in order. A live video feed is a bit different than a pic or two and a text feed.

You know I'd pay an admission fee at my local Apple store to see a live stream of the keynote. Dunno that I'd pay much more than say $50 but it would be fun with a small crowd at the store. I guess that wouldn't work too well if they had to close the store...perhaps a curtain might work.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

...............but it would be fun with a small crowd at the store. I guess that wouldn't work too well if they had to close the store...perhaps a curtain might work.

Your kidding right? You think if Apple offered a live stream there wouldn't be a line around the building. My Apple store there is a line for everything. Even OS releases. I don't think any Apple stores have the capacity to do it.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    First of all, having attended every keynote for years, only a few press are allowed in with cameras, and they ARE NOT allowed to move around the stage. Only one camera (Apple controlled) moves on a boom, for the filming.

The very few cameras on the left of the stage are usually HUGE press, AP wire, CNN, and such, these guys won't be broadcasting shit not without getting nailed.

Yes non-stop people hold up their cameras and shoot pictures during the keynote, evening little video, but holding a camera above your head for so long, and you'd need a bunch of EV-DO modems tied together.

Apple does however stream the event live to headquarters and sometimes a few other places, i believe it still goes out over encrypted c-band or the much more expensive camera rigs that they use in mobile tv studios that cost $$$$/hr for transmit time.

Keynote that is posted on Apple's site is usually edited slightly as well, titles, cuts, and fixing of major errors or all the fun blasting music the rocks the house...

If this site is broadcasting the keynote then apparently they one-upped CNN, AP, and other major networks and must have had enough money that even Steve Jobs himself took the bribe. And honestly I doubt anyone on earth has enough money to bribe Steve Jobs.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Your kidding right? You think if Apple offered a live stream there wouldn't be a line around the building. My Apple store there is a line for everything. Even OS releases. I don't think any Apple stores have the capacity to do it.

Well, if they were charging $50 (we seems like a ton of money) I'd imagine that line would get pretty short.

I mean, how many people would leave their job/school during the work day to pay $50 to watch a keynote? Wait, maybe I don't want to know the answer to that question
  • Reply 17 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Well, if they were charging $50 (we seems like a ton of money) I'd imagine that line would get pretty short.

I mean, how many people would leave their job/school during the work day to pay $50 to watch a keynote? Wait, maybe I don't want to know the answer to that question

Probably just as many that were standing in line doing the same thing for an iPhone.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I would also pay to see the Keynote. It's unfortunate that TechTV or some other cable channel can't cut a deal with Apple to show it live.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    Heck, I don't have a Mac, and I'd pay that much.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    I'd rather pay nothing and download it off iTunes a week later