Apple files patent for Boombox

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
According to MacNN: http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/12/....ipod.boombox/

" A new patent filed by Apple describes a next generation digital device called the iPod Boombox, or simply the Boombox. Proof of the Cupertino-based company's plans surfaced today in a patent published by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, wherein Apple describes the device as having a display or user interface in the center of the face panel. An Apple Remote associated with the Boombox will allow users to interact with the device via an application like Front Row, while volume control buttons on the chassis itself provide physical control.

The housing of Apple's latest invention offers an indicator light to provide visual feedback about the operation or condition of the host device, and could include a receiver window for use by a receiver internal to the housing when picking up wireless transmissions from a remote control.

The iPod will fit into the Boombox the same way it fits into the company's iPod Hi-Fi, allowing users to play video content and possibly games as well. "

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    There are far too many 'booms' in Steve's dialog as it is. Now they're making products with the word boom. A future speech will go like:

'Here I present the Boombox, you plug it in like this, boom. Boombox lets you use your ipod like never before, just slot in on the top, boom and Boombox will play all your songs. Boom.'

It's almost rap.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

There are far too many 'booms' in Steve's dialog as it is. Now they're making products with the word boom. A future speech will go like:

'Here I present the Boombox, you plug it in like this, boom. Boombox lets you use your ipod like never before, just slot in on the top, boom and Boombox will play all your songs. Boom.'

It's almost rap.

• Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

It's almost rap.

That would be funny. Very Funny.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

It's almost rap.

LMAO!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    I was under the impression that BoomBox was a sony trademark. Hmmm, can't seem to dig it up so I guess not.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Well done Marvin. Very good. Think I might make that my quote!
  • Reply 7 of 7
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

There are far too many 'booms' in Steve's monolog as it is.

Now it is correct.