Vista Authoriztion and Bootcamp

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've been using Vista Home Premium on my new MacBook for about a month now. Suddenly last night, Vista says I haven't authorized this copy of Windows, and that I will no longer be able to access it. I re-entered my product key as requested but is says that copy has already been registered! Of course it has been registered - by ME when I installed it last month on my MacBook! It then gives me an option of purchasing ANOTHER product key for another $300! I really don't want to have to go through a clean install of Vista and have it not work again nor do I want to purchase another product key at full price. Has anyone encountered this problem and is there a solution to it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Call the number it provides you. It will take less than 5 minutes.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    be careful that someone else isn't playing the fool with your serial key and transferring the license to another computer. the license key is invalidated after 5 transfers or something like that.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    And now you understand why over half of any I.T. Department wastes its time on serial numbers and authorizations and keeping track of licensing.

Can you imagine how much money would be saved by switching away from MS?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JimDreamworx View Post

And now you understand why over half of any I.T. Department wastes its time on serial numbers and authorizations and keeping track of licensing.

Can you imagine how much money would be saved by switching away from MS?

Ya, cuz it's real hard getting a enterprise license agreement with Microsoft and building that into your RIS images so you never have to worry about it again.