Color problem printing photos using Epson R320

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The problem is that the photos printed from Iphoto or from any program result in a darker image that what is seen on the screen. I suppose I could lighten up the image but i shouldn't have to do that nor do I want to for every photo. I'm printing at the best quality using Kodak Ultima paper.

I just took a look at the Printing Recommendations that came with the Kodak paper and it says i should adjust the printer's magenta and yellow settings. Since I am very new to the Apple world (I rec'd my MacBook 2 weeks ago), does anyone know how to do that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    First of all you should calibrate your monitor--you can buy an inexpensive electronic calibrator--called Huey---Then you should use Epson paper and see if there is a difference--

You may then have to buy something like Photoshop Elements and do a bit of reading regarding printing ===

It is not as easy to get good prints and the manufacturers would tell you--you will waste a lot of ink and paper--but with effort you will get there
  • Reply 2 of 2
    batbat Posts: 47member
    I've never gotten on paper what appears on screen. If I want really good results, I edit in Photoshop or Elements.