Airport Extreme Question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey all,

I have a question about the current Airpot Extreme Base Station. I'm looking into getting one, for the print server and being able to use my external HDD through it. Can I plug a USB hub into the USB port of the Base Station and be able to use multiple items? I would like to print wirelessly and have access to my external HDD without having to plug one of them in directly to my iBook. If I can't, then I'll just get an Airport Express and call it good. My old Airport finally died. Thanks for your help!

Beo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post

Hey all,

I have a question about the current Airpot Extreme Base Station. I'm looking into getting one, for the print server and being able to use my external HDD through it. Can I plug a USB hub into the USB port of the Base Station and be able to use multiple items? I would like to print wirelessly and have access to my external HDD without having to plug one of them in directly to my iBook. If I can't, then I'll just get an Airport Express and call it good. My old Airport finally died. Thanks for your help!

Beo

Yup, works fine. That's what I'm doing right now: one HP printer, one external HD. Easy-peasy -- plugged it in and there they were.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Excellent! Thanks!