Dreamweaver 8 to CS3

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I do some website work on the side (my own site, weddings, and a few non-profits) never really for money, just for service in kinc or fun. I currently use 8, and have an opportuinity to pick up a super cheap copy of CS3 from a friend who is migrating back to Windows.

Is it worth $100? What are the new features. I was lead to believe it makes CSS layouts extremely managable and had some cool new stuff. Any thoughts.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown View Post

I do some website work on the side (my own site, weddings, and a few non-profits) never really for money, just for service in kinc or fun. I currently use 8, and have an opportuinity to pick up a super cheap copy of CS3 from a friend who is migrating back to Windows.

Is it worth $100? What are the new features. I was lead to believe it makes CSS layouts extremely managable and had some cool new stuff. Any thoughts.

Thanks.

DW CS3 is well worth $100.

It has many new feature that you would be extremely happy with, not the least of which is the Spry framework for AJAX that allows super easy implementation of fancy java based animations and functions that normally would take forever to code.

Highly recommended. the CSS abilities are also more rounded out. If you also use photoshop and/ or Illustrator, it is a no-brainer. The integration is phenomenal.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 9secondko View Post

DW CS3 is well worth $100.

It has many new feature that you would be extremely happy with, not the least of which is the Spry framework for AJAX that allows super easy implementation of fancy java based animations and functions that normally would take forever to code.

Highly recommended. the CSS abilities are also more rounded out. If you also use photoshop and/ or Illustrator, it is a no-brainer. The integration is phenomenal.

Thanks... I ended up doing it, although the gratification is delayed until the holidays are over. Looking forward to playing.