Black Macboook vs. Macbook Pro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I can't decide on which Mac I should get.

-I browse the internet and do plenty of e-mail.

-But I also work with photos and I am going to use it with Photoshop Elements and maybe a Wacom tablet too.

-I also already have an iPod and will definately use iTunes and iMovie.

-I don't do gaming.

-I will travel with it.

I know all about Macworld in January and will wait and see what happens then.

Although the Black Macbook is 13", I don't know if that is too crowded for me.

I can't decide whether to go with glossy or antiglare if I do happen to get the MBP.

What do you suggest?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sansa11` View Post

I can't decide on which Mac I should get.

-I browse the internet and do plenty of e-mail.

-But I also work with photos and I am going to use it with Photoshop Elements and maybe a Wacom tablet too.

-I also already have an iPod and will definately use iTunes and iMovie.

-I don't do gaming.

-I will travel with it.

I know all about Macworld in January and will wait and see what happens then.

I can't decide whether to go with glossy or antiglare if I do happen to get the MBP.

What do you suggest?

If you get the black Macbook you'll save enough money to get an external monitor.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

If you get the black Macbook you'll save enough money to get an external monitor.

That is a good point. A Macbook seems perfect for your usage. It's lighter and a little easier to carry around, and since you don't need it for gaming or high end media applications, it seems like the best choice.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    White MacBook.

I'd steer well clear of both the MacBook Pro and the black MacBook.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Why? I thought that they both were great.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    You pay $200 more for the color, 40GB more HD space, and more visible fingerprints. The aesthetics aren't worth it. Trust me. I've had my white Macbook for a year and I can't see a scratch on it unless I look at it in direct lighting from an angle. I do baby it, though.