Apple Sony contra deal

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
removed post due to frankly abusive comments!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smartz View Post

I posted this on Macrumors around Oct 07. I think its defo gonna happen might not be an Imac though!

I have it on very good authority that a secret deal was completed with Apple and Sony. In exchange for Bravia TV's at all of its retail stores Apple was able to secure a hugely discounted price for Blu-ray drives for its next range of Imacs which will be repositioned as computer/entertainment devices with full HD capabilities. It is unknown if the drives will be ROM or RW but the screens in all the new Imacs will feature full 1080p resolutions. Other parts of the contra deal include greater feature cross support for prof range broadcast systems, be them cameras and Apples hardware/software.

There are apparently calls for a greater working partnership between the two companies, a memorandum of understanding has been completed i hear and there will be some interesting things coming up in a future firmware update on the PS3 around October.

Now it could be some sort of itunes streaming, or ability to connect an ipod or something more far reaching since the PS3's can have operating systems installed already as part of the option on the unit.

Not sure of the overall strategy but thinking that there would be synergies of them working together on certain products such as TV's say with integrated Apple TV but then there are other products which are direct competiton such as Sony Ericssons wlakman phones and the Vaio range.

So who knows.....will be keeping my eye on the PS3 firmware blog come October!

Let's see...how do I put this? You're full of shit. How about that.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    oh my,

What people do in order to get some attention.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Ah, how nice is to have someone to shout what makes rounds in your mind but you don't want to spell it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Wow, And I thought I was the only one who slammed guy's with 12 posts.

Although I not only agree, I have to add that there is so much dreamworld wheeling, dealing, and, speculation happening in that post you crossed a line a taro card reader would be proud of with this thread guy.