Convert WMA to iTunes

Posted:
in Mac Software edited April 2015
In Mail, received recorded words that plays in Windows Media Player with file extension .WMA

Cannot convert to iTunes? Is it possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    To convert WMA files, drag them over the iTunes browser window and drop them.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    That only works on a PC, BTW. Jus' sayin'.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    You could use an app called EasyWma which converts wma to mp3 and a couple of other formats. It is shareware but well worth the small amount.

I purchased this app and find it works rather well and makes life just that little bit easier.

The sound quality is rather good also after the conversion and itunes sees the mp3 files that are produced without any problems.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob05au View Post

You could use an app called EasyWma which converts wma to mp3 and a couple of other formats. It is shareware but well worth the small amount.

I purchased this app and find it works rather well and makes life just that little bit easier.

The sound quality is rather good also after the conversion and itunes sees the mp3 files that are produced without any problems.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR EXCELLENT SUGGESTIONS...as you wrote well worth the $10. It was the only conversion program that worked. This file was almost hour long which augmented the problems but NOT with the EasyWma

Thanks again1
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Glad to hear it worked well.

I have never had any problems since being told about EasyWma it is the only app I have found which does what it says and without any hassles.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    You can try Switch. The basic version is freeware and works great for converting .wma to an iTunes compatible format, MPEG, aiff, mp3, etc.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Why does it feel like this is a spam thread? Is it the constant repetition of the name of the software by switchedfromdell and rob05au?

\
  • Reply 8 of 14
    I use VisualHub. http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

It can covert your file to many formats and sizes depending on your need. Just go to the site and see if it will work for you. Here just one quote "Fast conversion from nearly every video format to iPod, PSP, DV, DVD, Tivo, AVI, MP4, WMV, MPEG and Flash."

I use it frequently to convert many types to video files to MP4. It uses H.264 encoding and works very well. Then I will put those files into iTunes. Some conversions can be large and this can shrink a file to save space.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quicktime?? ... It may be a "Pro" feature, in which case it ain't free, but it'll convert .wma (and wmv) to mp3 or aac or whatever.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    how do you get them to save using Switch?
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Free WMA MP3 Converter transforms annoying WMA audio files to Mp3 format so you can play them in iTunes. You?ll appreciate how easy it is to search for WMA files, select the bitrate, one of the 3 sample rates available and start converting. The whole process is fairly quick and is presented to you in a little pop up window, which can be minimized to tray. The tag editor is where you can add information such as title, artist or genre. You can batch convert as many files as you want. Once the operation is complete you can check file size and duration of the file and make sure the conversion has been successful.

The majority of audio file converters support all audio file types and can convert to dozens of audio formats in a large range of bitrates and sample rates. Free WMA MP3 Converter is only useful for one type of conversion. This program is great if you have loads of music files in the Windows Media format and are looking for a quick way of converting them to the more common MP3 format. If you?re looking for a versatile audio converter however you should turn to Xilisoft Audio Converter, Switch Free or AudioConvert. And Free WMA MP3 Converter only works one way, so if you?re looking to turn MP3s into WMA,
  • Reply 12 of 14

I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert WMA to iTunes more supported MP3, MP4, MOV, AAC, AIFF etc.

Step by step guide at http://www.idealshare.net/itunes-quicktime/wmv-to-itunes.html

It also helps to convert WMV, AVI, MKV, VOB, FLV to iTunes supported video and audio formats.

Hope it also helps for you.

• Reply 13 of 14

I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert WMA to iTunes more supported MP3, AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless etc.

It also helps to convert WMV, MKV, AVI to iTunes supported MP4 or MOV

• Reply 14 of 14

I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert WMA to iTunes more supported MP3, AAC, AIFF, Apple Lossless etc.

It also helps to convert WMV, MKV, AVI to iTunes supported MP4 or MOV