USB PCI cards and OS X?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anyone know about any compatibility issues with these, or have any recommendations? I'm looking to install one on a Quicksilver 733 Mhz. I'm thinking about a PCI card instead of a hub because I've heard that hubs can have problems with OS X. (Or, is that even true?)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    rraburrabu Posts: 264member
    I would doubt that hubs have problems with OSX. They really shouldn't as I think lots of people use them. Also, I've never heard of anyone having problems.

As for PCI USB cards and OSX. I had a Belkin in my 266MHz Beige G3 MT and it worked great. OS9 and OSX didn't even need extra software to see it. It just worked.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    i had problems with hubs, the trash wouldn't see my printer... i wanted keyboard power on and off... and i needed a space for my cdburner... not enough ports! pci usb should work fine if you just slap it in and reboot
  • Reply 3 of 3
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I don't recommend Belkin. I bought a Belkin...it worked on old drivers then started crashing the machine on start-up in OS 9.1+. I bought a CompUSA generic replacement and that was flawless. I eventually bought a Sonnet Tango, and that was flawless too.

Both have been used in OS X.