ASUS Eepc

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone have one? I'm tempted by it. When is the next version coming out? I can't find reviews for it anywhere!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fishyesque View Post

Anyone have one? I'm tempted by it. When is the next version coming out? I can't find reviews for it anywhere!

I'd wait for the one with wimax to be released. I think Gizmodo and Engadget have dome plenty of coverage of that thing.

It looks like a fun little machine. At CES they just released larger screen versions (with same resolution though).
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

I'd wait for the one with wimax to be released. I think Gizmodo and Engadget have dome plenty of coverage of that thing.

It looks like a fun little machine. At CES they just released larger screen versions (with same resolution though).

I heard it was a no show at CES. And I'm leaving around June, and won't be able to take it with me, so I'd like something as soon as possible..
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:

I heard it was a no show at CES. And I'm leaving around June, and won't be able to take it with me, so I'd like something as soon as possible..

One of the larger screen variants was there at least. I like how they enlarged the screen without increasing the size of the device. Apparently there was ample room with the large bezel to add the bigger screens. With your timeframe to purchase you should eb able to snag one of those.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

One of the larger screen variants was there at least. I like how they enlarged the screen without increasing the size of the device. Apparently there was ample room with the large bezel to add the bigger screens. With your timeframe to purchase you should eb able to snag one of those.

I heard they weren't releasing it until summer
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

I heard they weren't releasing it until summer

If that's the case then that *is* sad
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Do you mean this one...

http://clumpc.com/?p=5

That wasn't spotted at CES. It was a prototype posted to a Chinese blog. Disappointingly, the 8" screen it has is the same 800x480 resolution. If they ever get them up to 1024 wide, that's when they get extremely interesting to me as pretty much every website now has dropped 800 wide as a viable website size.

I'm still tempted with even the 800x480 model. The screen might be pokey but the size of the device is about right otherwise - about the size of the A5 moleskin I carry about now.