deleting tracks more than 1 at a time in itunes library

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
im brand new to itunes. i want to delete albums and tracks from my library however it only lets me select 1 track at a time, what am i lord thickness doing wrong. help please

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by azzawazza75 View Post

im brand new to itunes. i want to delete albums and tracks from my library however it only lets me select 1 track at a time, what am i lord thickness doing wrong. help please

Hold the Command key down then click. (that's the one with the cloverleaf shape next to space-bar). This lets you select - or de-select individual elements in a table.

If you hold the Shift key and click you can select a range of items. Click the first, then Shift-click the last. If you need to de-select a few use command clicking.

All programs, not just iTunes, work in the same way.

C.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Just think.... in a few years, you won't have to explain what the "command" key is anymore. (Now that they actually label it and all) Now if only they'd properly label the backspace key... err, i mean the big delete key, not the small delete key.

To expand on the Carni's comment. In pretty much every Mac program, you can select multiple items by holding down the shift key or command key while clicking on each additional item.

The difference is, the shift key selects a new item along with everything between it and the previously selected item. The command key adds only the newly clicked on item to the group of selected items.