OS/X 10.4 USB mount from command line

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I am having boot problems where I end up at the command prompt (see messages below). I need to get a file from my hard drive to a USB flash. How can I mount the USB drive and copy a file from /user/Documents.

CSRHIDTransitionDriver : : probe: 0x0 -v

CSRHIDTransitionDriver : :start before command

CSRHIDTransitionDriver : :stop

IOBluetoothHCIController : :start Idle Timer Stopped

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    If you're having problems at boot with drivers, try holding down the Shift key during boot. This will enter 'Safeboot Mode', a stripped down set of drivers and extensions designed to just get you running. Then you can disable the extension that is causing it fits.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Kickaha

The safe boot still ends up at the command prompt with the same errors. My immediate problem is getting one particular file off of the disk. I could do it with a USB drive or a wireless connection, but I need to know how to do it from the command line.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Well, blast.

I don't think there *is* a way to mount the USB drive, if the driver setup is borked. No driver, no drive.

What you could do, however, if you have another Mac lying around is to boot this one into Target Mode, and access its drive directly that way.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Booting into Target mode was a great idea!!!

Thanks

• Reply 5 of 5
    No problem. I <3 Target Mode - it has saved my bacon on more than one occasion.