MacBook Air features on a MacBook Pro?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Do you think the MacBook Pro will ever get the Remote Disc and Multi-touch gestures in a software update? Any reason why we wouldn't?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

Do you think the MacBook Pro will ever get the Remote Disc and Multi-touch gestures in a software update? Any reason why we wouldn't?

You can already access remote disks via OS X.

Are the dimensions of the trackpads the same? Is there a technical difference between the two to accept 3 points of input as with the 'swipe' gesture? I wouldn't put it past Apple not releasing it in a software update just to keep it Air specific.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by serrano View Post

Are the dimensions of the trackpads the same? Is there a technical difference between the two to accept 3 points of input as with the 'swipe' gesture? I wouldn't put it past Apple not releasing it in a software update just to keep it Air specific.

Apple will NOT be keeping this "Air specific". The Macbook Air is not a replacement or upgrade from the Pro, quite the opposite actually. The MBA is a fantastic product for a niche group of users in the Mac community, but has lower technical specifications than the Pro, or for that matter the standard Macbook. It is also a harbinger of change.

I think that when Apple revises the MBPro they will change the keyboard to match the Air as well as integrate the multi-touch technology, and they will do the same when they update the MB.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by serrano View Post

Can you currently share a Window's CD drive too? Where can I find information on how to do this? I tried to search on Apple's site, searching for remote disk only brings up MBA stuff.