Transferring contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2015
Hi all,

I just switched over from a BlackBerry to an iPhone. The lady in the AT&T store said it would be easy to upload my contacts from my BB to my new iPhone. She downloaded all my contacts to a thumb-drive and then told me to go to www.cellbrite.com, download the phonebook application and use that software along with the info on the thumb-drive to upload my contacts to the iPhone.

Sounds easy enough - except that the website she gave me doesn't seem to have the software she was referring to!!!

Can anyone please help with advice as to how to perform this action????

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    iferdiferd Posts: 20member
    My son went from a BlackBerry Pearl to an iPhone recently and had no trouble with his contacts. The BB sychronized to his Mac Address Book, which the iPhone picked up automatically when he first synchronized it. He doesn't use the calendar, but if the BlackBerry software works with iCal, the same would be true.

Until I switched to a Mac, I had not difficulty with addresses or calendar from Outlook to the iPhone. But I don't have BlackBerry experience to go with that.

Hope this helps a little.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    If you can get your contacts into (windows) outlook, outlook express or (mac) entourage, or address book, the rest will be easy when syncing in itunes. Maybe your BB allows export or syncing to one of these.
  • Reply 3 of 7

There is a online service, called iCM Code (https://icmcode.com/) that let’s copy all your contacts in 2 steps. It’s not free, you have to buy an app for 2$, but works great.

• Reply 4 of 7

Phone to Phone Transfer - One Click to Transfer Contacts and SMS from BlackBerry to iPhone.

You would need a computer in order to effectuate the transer. With the Phone to Phone Transfer, you can transfer business contacts and personal contacts and SMS from BlackBerry to iPhone, which works for iOS 7 and earlier version of iOS too. The program compatible with the backup files of BlackBerry phones running OS 7.1 and earlier.

1. Download the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer, and connect your BlackBerry

2. Transfer your BlackBerry contacts to your computer via the BB Desktop Manager

3. Follow these directions in order to transfer the BlackBerry contacts and SMS to your iPhone

• Reply 5 of 7

Phone to Phone Transfer - One Click to Transfer Contacts and SMS from BlackBerry to iPhone.

You would need a computer in order to effectuate the transer. With the Phone to Phone Transfer, you can transfer business contacts and personal contacts and SMS from BlackBerry to iPhone, which works for iOS 7 and earlier version of iOS too. The program compatible with the backup files of BlackBerry phones running OS 7.1 and earlier.

1. Download the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer, and connect your BlackBerry

2. Transfer your BlackBerry contacts to your computer via the BB Desktop Manager

3. Follow these directions in order to transfer the BlackBerry contacts and SMS to your iPhone

• Reply 6 of 7
    lewijoelewijoe Posts: 1member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by damix View Post

If you can get your contacts into (windows) outlook, outlook express or (mac) entourage, or address book, the rest will be easy when syncing in itunes. Maybe your BB allows export or syncing to one of these.

Yeah, outlook and Gmail is a good and convenient tool to help you. However, it is my nightmare which copied all contacts from Gmail to BB when I transferred them to iPhone in that way. So you may pay attention to it when you want to transfer contacts from blackberry to iPhone.

• Reply 7 of 7

1) Plug in Blackberry to computer

2) Run Blackberry desktop software

3) Choose which software to sync contacts with (Outlook, Address Book etc...)

4) Sync Blackberry to that software

5) Unplug Blackberry

6) Plug in iPhone....make sure that auto sync is turned off...

7) On INFO tab in iTunes....check sync contacts...use same program 

8) Sync iPhone..

9) iPhone will ask if you want to merge or replace data...select merge