DVD Case Inserts- What to buy?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Looking for a software to make DVD case inserts for the larger style cases. Basically I can't find a good standalone product to make them.

Anyone got any ideas what to buy? or download for free?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dwrecks View Post

Looking for a software to make DVD case inserts for the larger style cases. Basically I can't find a good standalone product to make them.

Anyone got any ideas what to buy? or download for free?

Personally, I'd use Adobe Illustrator (it pains me to say that*) and make a template.

*RIP, Freehand, we miss you dearly.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Personally, I'd use Adobe Illustrator (it pains me to say that*) and make a template.

*RIP, Freehand, we miss you dearly.

Seriously I was hoping to spend less than that with less effort. If I wanted hard, I would have bought a PC.

Seriously how ghetto is i-work and i-dvd if you can't even make a simple case insert for a dvd?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Pages?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

Pages?

Sure. There's no reason not to. Pages would actually be very easy to use to do this nicely and attractively.

Have you even tried, or is this a lead-in to a "iDVD suXorz because it doesn't make DVD cases!" trolling attempt?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Pages doesn't have it either... I even dropped by the apple store to talk to the head creative genius.

It's not a burn on any of the I-life or I-work applications... I just kinda of assumed that it would be in there. Generally my experience with Apple applications, is that they think of everything that a person could want. I'm just a bit shocked that they didn't think of this for some reason.

The intergration to make a movie would be seemless if it wasn't for this.

So anyone have or know of any programs? I went to apple and downloaded some shareware, they focus mainly on the disc it's self and not the case.

DS
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dwrecks View Post

Pages doesn't have it either... I even dropped by the apple store to talk to the head creative genius.

It's not a burn on any of the I-life or I-work applications... I just kinda of assumed that it would be in there. Generally my experience with Apple applications, is that they think of everything that a person could want. I'm just a bit shocked that they didn't think of this for some reason.

The intergration to make a movie would be seemless if it wasn't for this.

So anyone have or know of any programs? I went to apple and downloaded some shareware, they focus mainly on the disc it's self and not the case.

DS

Maybe Pages doesn't have a template built-in, but it would only take about 5 minutes to whip one up. I would do it for you myself, but I don't have Pages. I could do it in MS Word if you like, though Word chokes with overlaying text over images.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    I used to use a template I made in GoBeProductive. I see no reason why you couldn't do the same thing in Pages.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Tonton:

[email protected].. lets see what you've got.

Gobe looks cool but already invested in In office 2004 and Iwork suites... and I don't see a Mac version.

Thanks for the insights.

Some budding programer should think about a making a good template for pages like the Aurex ones for PC.

I'm using some great after effects add-ons with my Imovie that I downloaded a few months ago. Hopefully someone will come up with what I'm looking for in the same manner.