Macbook Has Incorrect Settings For New Display

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I just replaced my cracked 13" Macbook display. When I turn the machine on it looks as though the monitor settings are wrong and I can't use the computer. I can see the docking station but it shows as a light blue bar on the left hand side of the screen. I tried to zap the pram but I couldn't get the machine to sound the second chime.

Has anybody done this before that could help me? Could I have plugged in the diplay cable incorrectly? (Although I don't see how) Or could I have plugged the keyboard in upsidedown so it doesn't recognise any key commands? I really don't want to send it in. I was so happy that I was able to do the repair myself that I really want to finish it and have my machine back up and running.

Thanks,

Becky VanHoak

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Go to www.ifixit.com and read the MacBook section, ensure you performed the replacement correctly. Also, you'd have to try to plug the top case connector in backwards. If the power button works and the speakers produce the normal chime, then you've got it. However, you always want to keep yourself grounded, as a random static spark can damage the main logic board. I sure hope that's not the case.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post

Go to www.ifixit.com and read the MacBook section, ensure you performed the replacement correctly. Also, you'd have to try to plug the top case connector in backwards. If the power button works and the speakers produce the normal chime, then you've got it. However, you always want to keep yourself grounded, as a random static spark can damage the main logic board. I sure hope that's not the case.

Thank you for your help and another website resource. It turns out that there is a manufacturer recall. I have to open the computer again and get the manufacturerers name to see if that is the case. It has to be. I was very careful with each step.

Becky