I think i know why

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I think i know why steve jobs charged i phone touch user's 20$ on the application pack. I was just reviewing the prices today on the apple site and saw the potential 100$ difference between the iphone and the ipod touch. I think some people would be angry if he had given the pack free. What are the remaining differences between the iphone and the ipod? SMS, Camera, and phone. Quite a premium to pay for those three apps considering the attached plan. just speculation.

Jaime

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Don't all those apps come free with a new iPod touch purchased today?

I think that was the point of contention for people.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    It's partly an accounting thing, and it's partly to piss people off. Looks like it worked like a charm
  • Reply 3 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    From a company standpoint what is going to drive new business and revenue. Adding the apps as an incentive to order a new unit or giving aways the nuggests for free so that someone can buy a Touch on eBay or craigslist and get them anyways?

The people complaining so loudly clearly want the applications yet don't want to cough up the money. Apple's a business ..one that must keep selling "new" hardware to appease the Wall Street Gods and shareholders. There's only so much they can give away for free.

There probably exist some licensing costs as well to accessing some of the services available. Frankly I'm not really big on blowing my top over $20. Hell I found $20 laying on the street before I'm certainly not going to get my blood pressure up over a single Andrew Jackson.

Everyone should be required to run a business so they understand the basics of sales and mutual agreements.