in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Everyone uses URL auto-completion.

For example, in the URL field of Safari, if I type

app

Safari will give a list of all URL's beginning with app, which will include

appleinsider.com/

apple.com/trailers/

and maybe others.

The problem is that Safari uses some really old URL's that are totally irrelevant now, yet I do not see how to get rid of these options. Is there a file with these URL's in it that I can edit?

Thanks all for all your great help in the past ! !

Henry Ledgard

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hledgard View Post

The problem is that Safari uses some really old URL's that are totally irrelevant now, yet I do not see how to get rid of these options. Is there a file with these URL's in it that I can edit?

Safari menu > preferences > autofill. I actually keep them all off except the user names and passwords. Click edit to see if anything in there is appearing.

Safari also uses the bookmarks. If you go into the bookmarks menu and show all bookmarks, there's a whole list of folders on the left with links that come with Safari. Delete the ones you don't want.

Lastly, it uses your history so clear your browser history in the history menu.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Safari menu > preferences > autofill. I actually keep them all off except the user names and passwords. Click edit to see if anything in there is appearing.

Safari also uses the bookmarks. If you go into the bookmarks menu and show all bookmarks, there's a whole list of folders on the left with links that come with Safari. Delete the ones you don't want.

Lastly, it uses your history so clear your browser history in the history menu.

It all worked ! ! ! This has been a problem for months.

Thanks so much ! ! !