Macbook Pro Update Date?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I know that it is basically impossible to predict when Apple is going to release something, but evidently some of the AI Members are able to get information that the rest of us are not privy to until they share it with us.

So, does anyone have any additional info as far as the date is concerned?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 114
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Tomorrow! Super Tuesday! Republicans! Democrats! Al Gore! Apple!

In my head, Steve Armitage is shouting these...
  • Reply 2 of 114
    thebeatthebeat Posts: 113member
    Today
  • Reply 3 of 114
    Doubtful

Today would be too useful for me...

I expect the date will be:
    Code:

now() + days_till_I_give_up() + 1;

So based on that I reckon about 1st March (I plan to order a new laptop before the end of Feb).
  • Reply 4 of 114
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Looks like today. The Apple Store is down.
  • Reply 5 of 114
    WOW please LET IT BE LET IT BE.........
  • Reply 6 of 114
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Nope, back up and nuthin'.

Disappointment as usual.

Hasn't Penryn mobile been shipping in computers for 2 weeks already? I'm sure I read some dates for shipping were 23rd January.
  • Reply 7 of 114
    Oh how I am hopeful..

but for me, the Apple Store is working..
  • Reply 8 of 114
    mjteixmjteix Posts: 563member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawnathan View Post

Oh how I am hopeful..

but for me, the Apple Store is working..

Apple Adds New iPhone & iPod touch Models

Quote:

Customers who?d like to carry more music, photos, and videos with them now have new models of iPhone and iPod touch with double the memory from which to choose. The revolutionary iPhone now comes in a new 16GB model for $499. It joins the 8GB model for $399. And the iPod touch now comes in a new 32GB model for $499. It joins the 16GB and 8GB models for $399 and $299, respectively. [Feb 05, 2008]

• Reply 9 of 114
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    New 16GB iPhone. New 32GB iTouch. $499 each.
  • Reply 10 of 114
    Probably the reason I didn't notice. Canada Store + not currently caring about iPhone/iPod Touch.

MacBook Pro PLEASE!
  • Reply 11 of 114
    DAMN IT! How much longer could it possibly take? According to another thread here in Future Hardware, the new Macbook Pro was ready to launch the same day as the Macbook Air, but was not launched because Intel did not have enough Penryn chips ready for Apple to be able to keep up with the demands. How much longer could they possibly take? Seriously! I am starting to get pissed, which is ridiculous, but I REALLY NEED A NEW LAPTOP. But I refuse to buy a new machine when we are so close to an update.
  • Reply 12 of 114
    I reported in a previous thread that the case design of the MBP WILL be changed when it is updated. Details are still unclear, but while the basic footprint is expected to be the same as it is now, the new model should include the new MBA keyboard, gesture touchpad and longer battery life.

It may well be that Apple is waiting for the new Centrino Montevina mobile chipset to launch before releasing a new MacBook Pro. The packaging benefits of Montevia it a natural choice.

Although Penryn chips are available now, the relative performance upgrade of Penryn alone without the Montevino board plus seems to be quite limited. Therefore, Apple may forego any kind of short-term update to the existing MBP and simply offer a brand new version with both a redesigned case and Montevina as soon as the new chipset is available.

If Apple does this, then we won't see a revised MacBook Pro until May, i.e. not for another 12 weeks. The fact that Apple has released a 16Gb iPhone today and no new MBP suggests that this is exactly what they will do.
  • Reply 13 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by opnsource View Post

I REALLY NEED A NEW LAPTOP. But I refuse to buy a new machine when we are so close to an update.

same problem I am having.
  • Reply 14 of 114
    whmwhm Posts: 50member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thebeat View Post

same problem I am having.

My current laptop is over 3 years old... PowerBook G4. I have a new iMac desk top 2GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo and of course an iPhone. I really like the Mac Air but not for my only computer. I did away with the desk top at home and when doing spreadsheets or just want a bigger screen, I have the 23" Apple display. Recently I notice how slow my PowerBook is when compared to by wife's new MacBook. After I purchase a new MacBook Pro I would also like to purchase a Mac Air for travel but not interested in that for my only home computer. So APPLE give me a new MacBook Pro and I will buy 2 new computers!!!!
  • Reply 15 of 114
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arimus View Post

Doubtful

Today would be too useful for me...

I expect the date will be:
    Code:

now() + days_till_I_give_up() + 1;

So based on that I reckon about 1st March (I plan to order a new laptop before the end of Feb).

If you're not willing to wait until the end of March, you might as well buy now: at least you will get two useful months out of the computer. If you don't really need to update now, then wait.
  • Reply 16 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denton View Post

If you're not willing to wait until the end of March, you might as well buy now: at least you will get two useful months out of the computer. If you don't really need to update now, then wait.

I need a laptop now I just don't have the money until either next week or the week after (depending on when I get the nice fat cheque I'm waiting for) - and besides I could wait until the update comes out, buy one, then the day after Apple would in a fit of madness release an uber-update I just have sod all luck with my timings.
  • Reply 17 of 114
    Anyone got any further updates on new specs or a release date at all??
  • Reply 18 of 114
    Quote:

I know that it is basically impossible to predict when Apple is going to release something, but evidently some of the AI Members are able to get information that the rest of us are not privy to until they share it with us.

So, does anyone have any additional info as far as the date is concerned?

maybe in a couple of weeks.. They are lowering their macbook orders.. maybe thats the sign where are waiting for. Like what they did couple of times with macbook pro, mac pro, and iMac..
  • Reply 19 of 114
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ros3ntan View Post

maybe in a couple of weeks.. They are lowering their macbook orders.. maybe thats the sign where are waiting for. Like what they did couple of times with macbook pro, mac pro, and iMac..

I am almost to the point of being REALLY pissed off. First I was told by all of my Mac Faithful friends to wait until after MWSF, just in case they did a speed bump or something of the sort. So I waited. Nothing. Then I was told by multiple people, both in person and in these forums, to wait because Apple was going to update the Macbook Pro at the beginning to middle of February. I was told by one person who claimed to be very much in the know that they would begin shipping units at the beginning of February. I sit writing this at 10:30PM EST on the 6th, and still nothing.

My outdated iBook G4 is getting sluggish during simple tasks like word processing, and I am a full time student and cannot afford to not have a solid machine, but I cannot bear the idea of purchasing a new Macbook Pro only to see a refresh happen a month later and have MAJOR upgrades (new case, new keyboard, new track pad, magnetic latch).

I finally have the money to buy the Mac of my Dreams, but cannot bring myself to do it...

Apple needs to hurry up and get these things out. Even if they forgo the case redesign and just update in internals with the 45nm Penryn and upgrade the graphics card. That would be fine with me. At least then I wouldn't feel like my machine is halfway outdated before I ever take it out of the box...
  • Reply 20 of 114
    Quote:

I am almost to the point of being REALLY pissed off. First I was told by all of my Mac Faithful friends to wait until after MWSF, just in case they did a speed bump or something of the sort. So I waited. Nothing. Then I was told by multiple people, both in person and in these forums, to wait because Apple was going to update the Macbook Pro at the beginning to middle of February. I was told by one person who claimed to be very much in the know that they would begin shipping units at the beginning of February. I sit writing this at 10:30PM EST on the 6th, and still nothing.

My outdated iBook G4 is getting sluggish during simple tasks like word processing, and I am a full time student and cannot afford to not have a solid machine, but I cannot bear the idea of purchasing a new Macbook Pro only to see a refresh happen a month later and have MAJOR upgrades (new case, new keyboard, new track pad, magnetic latch).

I finally have the money to buy the Mac of my Dreams, but cannot bring myself to do it...

Apple needs to hurry up and get these things out. Even if they forgo the case redesign and just update in internals with the 45nm Penryn and upgrade the graphics card. That would be fine with me. At least then I wouldn't feel like my machine is halfway outdated before I ever take it out of the box...

Yah, I am getting extremely pissed off as well. So many people is saying "yah just wait it out! Early Feb to Mid Feb, or at MWSF" then i keep seeing "a few more weeks, 2 more weeks, 3 more weeks, march 19th, end of April" ......... wtfffff? dudes seriously, I'm waiting one more Tuesday and I will be buying a Macbook Pro.