Wow.

Canada Store is back up:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...ily/ipod_touch

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    AWESOME!

I just got home to the news.

I know some people are already complaining about the price(figures). But I remember the first ipod was like $500 too. And it was only 5 gigs and B&W with no video or internet!

So...in a way, the ipod touch is worth it to me.

My 60gig ipod recently broke, and I've been without music for nearly 3 weeks now. I didn't buy a new 60 gig ipod because I prefer the touch, but 16 gigs was just not enough(I have 21 gigs of audio so far).

I was HOPING a 32gig ipod touch would be released....and now my wish is answered! Thank you Apple!

Seriously. I am about to travel, and I was going to buy a new macbook(for surfing the web and email) AND an ipod...but now thanks to the touch update, I can put off my macbook purchase for now and just get the 32gig ipod touch. That way I can pretty much have a wifi laptop that fits in my pocket for my travels....which to me is so worth $500. Otherwise I'd be spending close to 2 grand for a new macbook and ipod.

For others it may not be a good deal right now. But for my situation it's perfect. :-)

Having said that, I look forward to when Apple puts a camera in this baby. Imagine being able to take pics on the fly and do video conferencing? :-) That'd be sooooo sweet.

I know the iphone has some of that now...but I travel so much, and don't like to be locked into ANY phone contract. If the iphone had a pay as you go plan, I'd be all over it. Until then, it's the ipod touch for me. :-)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Alot of people are looking foward to buying the ipod touch 32gb. There are somethings diffrent about the first ipod touh like the maps and stocks and much more.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bayjatt101 View Post

Alot of people are looking foward to buying the ipod touch 32gb. There are somethings diffrent about the first ipod touh like the maps and stocks and much more.

Apple released a software update for previous Touches; the new purchases include the upgrade. I bought the upgrade and feel it was a worth-while purchase; the notes alone saved my life.

The Touch is an awesome device.