iPhone sync error

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014

Happens now and then, doesn't happen more than it does. Me confused.

Newer iMac, iTunes 7.5, iPhone 1.1.3

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    perhaps it's something itunes 7.6 cleared up?

isn't your iphone jailbroken? would that cause the error?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmber View Post

perhaps it's something itunes 7.6 cleared up?

isn't your iphone jailbroken? would that cause the error?

The only reason I think you may be wrong is that all the peeps on the Goog I've seen who have gotten this error (but no real solution) aren't jailbroken.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The only reason I think you may be wrong is that all the peeps on the Goog I've seen who have gotten this error (but no real solution) aren't jailbroken.

it was just a guess anyway. i've never seen the error (neither has my wife) and we're both on iTunes 7.6 and 1.1.3
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

it was just a guess anyway. i've never seen the error (neither has my wife) and we're both on iTunes 7.6 and 1.1.3

Thanks for your help anyway dude.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    yup. what i've read up is about USB 1 and USB 2. i assume your imac only has usb 2 though, so that doesn't help.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

yup. what i've read up is about USB 1 and USB 2. i assume your imac only has usb 2 though, so that doesn't help.

Yeah read that too, puzzled me also as I'm plugged in direct to USB2.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Ireland, is there by chance an iPod connected to your iMac when you connect the phone to the Mac and get the error?

While I have never seen your error message, I have had troubles syncing my Touch to my iMac if another iPod is connected when I connect the Touch to the Mac. I do not have any syncing problems if the Touch is the first/only device connected. Once synced I can leave the Touch connected and resync all I want, no matter if other iPods are connected or not. (To help clarify, I have all my iPods set to sync when connected.)