Stop lying to me, iPhone...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
so my calendar says the right date, but my weather widget is lying to me. As much as I'd love it if it were true, it is not 73 degrees and sunny.

Why can't the weather widget update? Seriously this needs to get fixed in a firmware update.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Just like your stock widget is not showing you a real graph.

You could have multiple cities in your weather widget. You'd then have to have some kind of preference that says "Show this city's weather as the icon." Feature-itis IMO.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    i don't know what feature-itis is, but if i could get that preference to make the weather widget useful, i'll take it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    dmber, your profile does not state your location so we can't exactly help you. But in the US most of the official weather stations for each city is at the city's airport. Thus the weather widget will typically display the temperature for the airport which may be very different than the temperature where you are located. For large, geographically diverse cities, like San Diego or Los Angeles, you can easily have as much as twenty degrees of temperature difference between the the airport on the coast and suburbs in the inland valleys.

Or if your city doesn't have an airport the weather service will pick another location. In the small city I live in this is the water treatment center . By the nature of the location this weather station is out away from everything and typically reports an evening temperature of five degrees or so lower than what I read at my house.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    i'm talking about the widget icon on the homescreen.

instead of always seeing "sunny and 73 degrees" on my homescreen, i want it to reflect the real temp. kinda like how the badge of new messages changes for mail, the day/date changes on the calendar...

the clock icon could feel free to change with the time too.

i just think it's a little "apple" kind of thing that apple could have done to "think different."
  • Reply 5 of 5
    areseearesee Posts: 776member
    Oh, I understand now.