Buying hardware in Shanghai

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Guys,

I'm going to Shanghai / Beijing next month. I'm about to buy a new MacBook Pro, and I was wondering about a few things.

1 - What is the price difference between China and the UK where I am.

2 - If there is a refresh of the product line up, how long does it take for the new versions to get to the stores in Shanghai or Beijing?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Guys,

I'm going to Shanghai / Beijing next month. I'm about to buy a new MacBook Pro, and I was wondering about a few things.

1 - What is the price difference between China and the UK where I am.

2 - If there is a refresh of the product line up, how long does it take for the new versions to get to the stores in Shanghai or Beijing?

I would avoid buying any Apple products from Mainland China. From my experiences with iPods, it actually costs more than in Australia. I imagine its comparative to UK prices also.

However, I would encourage you to look around at accessories - 3rd party products are definitely worth your time and $$. Of course, just watch out for fake branded 3rd party stuff.

In Shanghai - the place to go is Xujiahui - 2 multilevel shopping centres full of electronics (and there's also Best Buy right next door too).

gd luck.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    options are not good (yet).

china is still a distributor market. and shanghai and beijing still very much more expensive then anywhere else except japan for apple products.

however, HK is completely different in terms of price.

probably the best apple prices in the world are now found in HK.

DG in One Finance or in Times Square are reliable.

Situation will change after late 2008 however when apple opens its own direct store in Beijing.