Stay away from Iomega Tool

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I installed it last night to see if there's any additional functions to my Zip disk....

Actually only the contextual menu support and that's it.

Oh yeah....it also provide one more thing....kernel panic at startup

Removed it and now machine runs fine.

Just to drop a few lines here to let you guys know to stay away from it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    thanks
  • Reply 2 of 5
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Damn! I just downloaded it but haven't installed it. What is it with these companies who make this crap!

Programmer: "Seems to work ok..."

Quality Control: "Hmmm, I got kernal panics on all Test Macs..."

CEO: "Good! It's ready for downloading!"

So far all updates from Apple installed fine and all OS X versions of drivers for my other peripherals work OK. But this just pisses me to no end that Iomega (and AOL et al) can't get their act straight!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Well, here's someone who installed it and everything seems to be fine. Zip disks load like usual. Don't notice anything different.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    i always stay away from that program...my zip drive works perfectly without it, so why add more stuff to my machine (went over 2 years with my old iMac and it's 10 gig drive....now i already have 40 gigs in one month on my new iMac...dang those iMovies and iDVDs take up alot of space...already need to start trashing the movies i've burned....g
  • Reply 5 of 5
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I have to say that I never understood what those tools were for. Copy files to Zip. Erase files from Zip. Not much to it, and that's why I liked it.

FWIW, my NT and now Win2k box never liked the Iomega tools, so they were promptly discarded and life is peachy.