Macbook Integrated Graphics, a real hindrance?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Dont bother reading this unless you are interested in giving me some proper feedback as I do need a couple of questions answered.

I am one of the many that is waiting for an updated MBP and I have had a few topics on a few forums over the last couple of weeks (mods move this one into one of them if you like) but I still have a couple of questions. I am sceptical that an update is going to be released in the near future so I am again looking at some options.

I want to know if the integrated graphics on the macbook is really going to make that much of a difference to me when doing graphic design work etc on photoshop and similar. I am by no means a pro, so would it really affect the quality of my work, and could I potentially upgrade the graphics card in the future?

And I am assuming that with 4GB RAM and a 2.2GHZ processor, the macbook is quite a quick machine???

And finally, I live am at uni in the UK and I am going over to New York tomorrow for a week, Am I still eligiable for higher ed student discount if I was to buy in store in the states or is it a different system over there? Or would I generally just be better off buying the UK upon my return with the 15%discount I can get instore over here.

My thinking is that for now I should just get a Macbook and spec it up to the hilt and wait until october, my 21st and the start of my second year at uni to get a MBP as by then the update will be out and any potential kinks should be worked out.

What are peoples thoughts on this solution to my mac-ing needs? Only constructive criticism please as I need some answers quite quick!

Cheers folks . . . again!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Thre will be 0% difference when working with Photoshop. Trust me. the only place you'll see a difference is with real-time video effects and games.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Thre will be 0% difference when working with Photoshop. Trust me. the only place you'll see a difference is with real-time video effects and games.

Cheers for the advice!