What ever happened to Safari for Windows?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

It hasn't been updated for a long time. The version I have work (3.04) is really buggy. It crashes constantly. While Apple officially calls it a "beta", without basic features like the ability to remember passwords its more like a late "alpha".

What's going on?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

It hasn't been updated for a long time. The version I have work (3.04) is really buggy. ...

Safari 3.0.4 is the latest version on the Mac. Do you want the Windows version to get ahead of the Mac version?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    I am running 3.0.4 (build 523.15) on my XP box at work. On my Macs at home I am running 3.0.4 (build 5523.15). Are they are the same builds or not?

Bottom line is that the Windows version is significantly behind the Mac version in terms of functionality and stability. The inability of Windows Safari to remember password is pathetic. Auto-Click for tabs works differently (In a bad way). The activity window doesn't display the information correctly. The list goes on.

When Jobs annouced Safari for Windows, I assume he (Apple) wanted to increase Safari's overall marketshare. Since that initial offering, very little has been done to bring the Windows version to the same level of functionality and stability as the Mac version of Safari.

Use both and you will see my point.

Dave
  • Reply 3 of 3
    i want a ad blocker for Safari first, the xp version.

Only then there is a chance I will leave firefox.