Global Hotkeys for iTunes on Windows

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Ive used iTunes for a while and I really like it but theres one thing that always bothers me about it on windows, why is it not possible to have global hotkeys? Simple keyboard shortcuts that can change the song while your playing a game or browsing the web, without having to manually go into iTunes and changing the song.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    does ur windows machine have dedicated music controls (like play/pause, forward, back, stop)? if so, u could most likely set them to work with itunes in the control panel somewhere...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    My keyboard has a set of keys on top that are just for music playback, I really am baffled that an application with so many users wouldn't have this feature. Winamp and all other players that ive used have this, and they are all easily changeable in the settings.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I dont think that the mac version has this either so stop your complaining, this is an apple product, its built to better standards that your typical pc crap.

If apple didnt include the hotkey support there probably is a reason, just because windows sucks you dont have to make mac do everything the same.

Hotkey support is the dumbest idea I ever heard.

Windows noob.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SloppyJoe123 View Post

I dont think that the mac version has this either so stop your complaining, this is an apple product, its built to better standards that your typical pc crap.

If apple didnt include the hotkey support there probably is a reason, just because windows sucks you dont have to make mac do everything the same.

Hotkey support is the dumbest idea I ever heard.

Windows noob.

Apologist. Get your head out of Steve Jobs' ass.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SloppyJoe123 View Post

Actually, the Mac version does. Apple's latest keyboards have media control keys, and third party keyboards work too. My housemate has a Creative keyboard and the media controls work with iTunes just fine.

No idea why the Windows one doesn't.

Amorya
  • Reply 6 of 6
    pwnagepwnage Posts: 40member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amorya View Post

Actually, the Mac version does. Apple's latest keyboards have media control keys, and third party keyboards work too. My housemate has a Creative keyboard and the media controls work with iTunes just fine.

No idea why the Windows one doesn't.

Amorya

Well that sucks, I thought it was just a feature they didnt want to add. Itunes would be perfect with it.