Macworld mag

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
When did Apple stop offering a free year of Macworld magazine with new machines? I just got my new Alu iMac today, and was surprised to not see it there...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    You mean a printed paper magazine?... Where you can find information that was available on the internet two months earlier? (And lets face it, if you're buying a Mac, you probably know how to get at least SOME news/information from the internet.)

My guess is that Apple (and consumers) didn't feel the offer was worth the paper it was printed on

As for timing... I might have gotten the offer with my G3 iMac in 2001, but I'm certain it wasn't included with my G5 iMac... which would have been purchased in 2004.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Sigh... I remember when each issue of Macworld was like half an inch thick, 200-something pages... those were the days. I still like the feel of a nice chunky ad-packed computer magazine. Hate those 50-page things they call magazines these days...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Not only is the magazine a lot thinner, but most of it doesn't pertain to computers. In one of the past issues, I counted only 20 pages (one side) devoted to computers. The rest was on blogs, etc.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    To put a lid on this question, I discovered that if you register your new Mac on Apple's site, they still offer a free sub to Macworld, albeit for only 6 months. They also offer you a Zinio digital version in lieu of paper, should you choose.