WAV issues with Ipod classic

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello all!

I purchased an Ipod last summer (June 2007), so I'm not sure what generation that makes it... anyways, onto my problem

I am a college student, and for Christmas I received a digital voice recorder. I thought it would be a great idea this semester to record my classes so I could refer to the professors' actual words later on while studying. The recorder records as WAV files, which when I imported them into itunes I assumed would be compatible with the Ipod. I can play them fine, with no issues whatsoever, through itunes. When I put them on my Ipod and played them back through itunes, again, no issues at all. But when I try and listen to them on the Ipod itself (ie when it's not rigged up to itunes), it completely skips over them. When I select one, it loads it up, but it won't play anything, and after a brief moment it will move on down the line until the playlist runs out and it returns itself to the main menu. Finally, to possibly complicate things more, the Ipod appears to be aware of file's content, as on the left side of the screen it still says how many minutes long each lecture is.

I've read on various forums that the Ipod should be able to handle WAV files no problem, but I guess not. Has anyone else had this happen? Or better yet, does anyone know what to do? I really appreciate any and all help!