Final Cut Pro Server System?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
OK, I've heard so much about it, but all seems to have silent on the Final Cut Pro Server Software/Hardware Apple was due to release. Does anyone know what happened and where/when it can be found. I have a creative television production facility we'd love to build out with it.

In more detail, if anyone can advise what we might expect the system needs to link it all up will be, I'd much appreciate that as well. Currently we have 3 systems. A new MacPro 8core system soon to be completed is on the AJA HD IO vs the AJA IO. I'd love to gang the xserve raids into one massive storage and then link these edits together. Anyone done the research and the specs of what's needed to do this? Currently our raids are run by dual channel fiber cards... I've seen theres now a 4 channel fiber card...

I appreciate anyones insight.

Thanks, Jim

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    It's part of FCS, it's called Qmaster- it's the little icon that looks like a jack.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samnuva View Post

It's part of FCS, it's called Qmaster- it's the little icon that looks like a jack.

You are kidding me! It's been right under my nose at no cost? I will investigate and thank you.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cre8vtv View Post

OK, I've heard so much about it, but all seems to have silent on the Final Cut Pro Server Software/Hardware Apple was due to release. Does anyone know what happened and where/when it can be found. I have a creative television production facility we'd love to build out with it.

In more detail, if anyone can advise what we might expect the system needs to link it all up will be, I'd much appreciate that as well. Currently we have 3 systems. A new MacPro 8core system soon to be completed is on the AJA HD IO vs the AJA IO. I'd love to gang the xserve raids into one massive storage and then link these edits together. Anyone done the research and the specs of what's needed to do this? Currently our raids are run by dual channel fiber cards... I've seen theres now a 4 channel fiber card...

I appreciate anyones insight.

Thanks, Jim

Not a dicky bird since Nab 07.

I signed up immediately for their news update - but I really suspect that it was a market test to gauge response.

Yeah Qmaster's there.

Some can get it work - many can't.

I suggest you head over to the QMaster forms at Apple.

Tons of reading - tales of woe, then delight and grief.

Respectfully suggest for what you want to do is head over to http://www.tiger-technology.com/

<I'm not affiliated with them in any way shape or form>

Here for a damn good read http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage..._nattress.html