Apple slips out Bubble Bash iPod game

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple jumped ahead of its normal Tuesday update schedule with the release on Monday night of Bubble Bash from the French developer Gameloft.

Bearing more than a slight resemblance to arcade and console games such as Super Bust-A-Move, Bubble Bash has players use the click wheel to steer and shoot a bubble cannon to clear same-color patterns before the advancing wave reaches the bottom of the screen.

Periodic threats such as monkeys and parrots add an extra challenge, according to Apple.

The game comprises 100 levels and is available immediately from the iTunes Store for fifth-generation iPods with video, third-generation iPod nanos, and the iPod classic at Apple's standard iTunes price of $5.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    meh... Is that like bubble bobble?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    LOL iHOPE this isn't the update we were looking forward to!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Periodic threats such as monkeys and parrots add an extra challenge, according to Apple.

I'd like to see this statement incorporated into every Apple-related article, most-notably earnings reports and announcements regarding delayed software releases.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cory Bauer View Post

I'd like to see this statement incorporated into every Apple-related article, most-notably earnings reports and announcements regarding delayed software releases.

HAHAHAHA! Okay, that made my evening....

Thanks.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Add in a quote from Oppenheimer saying, "Seriously, it's tough to clean up after those bastards." and you're there.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:

Nice.

I absolutely loved this game on the SNES. Very addictive. I wish they'd keep more classics alive on popular devices officially. A SNES on ipod thing would be great and allow young people who are growing up with next gen consoles to see what the original games were like.

The trouble for most games though is the simplistic controls on the wheel-based ipods.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Add in a quote from Oppenheimer saying, "Seriously, it's tough to clean up after those bastards." and you're there.

Haha, since nobody can see this i'm just gonna have some fun.

What's up you queer!