Will Tiger work with my iBook G4? Will iLife08 run on Tiger?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I bought iLife 08, only to find out after I got home that my OS (panther) won't support it. So I have to upgrade my OS. But I can't upgrade to Leopard because I have a G4iBook with 256MB memory. So I would have to upgrade the memory. Suddenly, the desire to create a blog to allow family and friends to easily keep up with us since we've moved far away recently, is a very expensive one!

So, I figure I can likely find a Tiger on eBay. Will it be compatible with iBook and can I run iLife 08 with Tiger?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post

I bought iLife 08, only to find out after I got home that my OS (panther) won't support it. So I have to upgrade my OS. But I can't upgrade to Leopard because I have a G4iBook with 256MB memory. So I would have to upgrade the memory. Suddenly, the desire to create a blog to allow family and friends to easily keep up with us since we've moved far away recently, is a very expensive one!

So, I figure I can likely find a Tiger on eBay. Will it be compatible with iBook and can I run iLife 08 with Tiger?

iLife '08 came with my aluminum iMac, which had Tiger on it at the time, so I know for sure iLife '08 runs under Tiger. I also am running iLife under Tiger on a PowerBook G4 under Tiger, but it has 512MB of RAM, not 256. So your key from what I can say would be to assure yourself about the required memory.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    y'know. honestly i would buy a gig of RAM and would buy tiger for your ibook G4. i just installed it on my wife's ibook G4 (w/ 1.0ghz and 1.25 gb RAM) and it runs pretty well.

you could buy the gig of ram from crucial for $75 bucks (very worth it performance wise). seriously.

i realize i just told you to spend 200 dollars, but hey...it'll be worth it.