Help required prior to iPhone purchase

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hello all you people in the know about the iPhone, I am at a crossroads whether to purchase an iPhone or not and require your assistance on this matter

I'm a bit of a gadget freak and have played with the iPhone and obviously love it.

However, prior to spending my £300+ on a 16GB version, can you please advise me whether:

A) - Hold and wait for the new version (as people keep saying to me its due soon)

B) - What do we expect in the new version as opposed to the current version

C) - The new version is way off.

Cheers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigKev26 View Post

Hello all you people in the know about the iPhone, I am at a crossroads whether to purchase an iPhone or not and require your assistance on this matter

I'm a bit of a gadget freak and have played with the iPhone and obviously love it.

However, prior to spending my £300+ on a 16GB version, can you please advise me whether:

A) - Hold and wait for the new version (as people keep saying to me its due soon)

B) - What do we expect in the new version as opposed to the current version

C) - The new version is way off.

Cheers.

It's always the same thing around here, new technology changes like the weather. If you need an iPhone now, buy it, because if you keep waiting for the newest gadget, you'll never buy one.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    On the opposite if you can wait it may be wise to. You will get:

a)\t3G support, and a faster processor anything as a byproduct.

b)\tSDK will be released before the iphone upgrade so by the time next version is released you will also have a bunch of stable and working applications floating around not beta versions, or anything.

c)\tProbably lots of thing apple will not let you have on the old iphone to stimulate the sales of a new one.

d)\tmay be something to die for, don’t know what that could be.

I wouldn’t buy the iphone now, here are the reasons:

Mobile industry is highly rapid, iphone is first of all an image accessory, overpriced at the beginning as it should have been, and all about the brand (Apple) as in many other products. This part of the product fades with time, and iphone had its WOW moments. But not anymore. Secondly iphone is a high-tech product, here we have the same problem, it is not new for the mobile phone.