imac G5 Screen anomaly + past problems...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Ever since a repair years ago my imac G5(1st gen) has a brighter section at the bottom left.

I have 45 days of warranty left and wonder how apple is with screens problems like this.

I bring this up but there is always a bigger problem happening and it gets brushed to the side. I am in my warranty so they should fix this right?

My imac has never been anything but trouble.

Airport replacement

Logic board (Apple extension program serial)

Harddrive

Logic board+Hard drive

Power supply (today)

...all in less than 3 years (third computer so it's not even used often) This is not common right?

This is my second try on apple. (Had a G4 for a week until half the screen turned dim but apple was very helpful and refunded me)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    icercicerc Posts: 4member
    Bump... ...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mackatmackat Posts: 4member
    Since the machine is under warranty I'd take it back and get them to look at it, perhaps to an Apple store if there is one nearby.

Apple has rather odd policies regarding screen (like requiring more than 1 bad pixel to even look at it) and such but something like this could be as simple as the video cable not making complete contact after reconnection when they fixed it the last time.

Give it a shot! It would be better to do now than after the warranty expires!

Best,

Kat
  • Reply 3 of 3
    icercicerc Posts: 4member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacKat View Post

Give it a shot! It would be better to do now than after the warranty expires!

Haha, isn't that the truth!

Thanks for your reply I'll call and see what they say.