Exclusive preview: Delicious Monster's Delicious Library 2.0

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 89
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dave K. View Post

I really liked DVD pedia when I tried it. However, I don't want to buy four separate apps (for DVDs, Books, CDs, and Games) that essentially all do the same thing.

I can't imagine why Bruji doesn't combine all of their "pedia" products into one offering??

They do have a package [rice - check their site, or email them for details.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by iDunno View Post

I'll point out that I live in Australiaso the fact that we don't have our own Amazon limited the fun of the thing, none of the bar codes that were scanned ever worked.

The pedias, like Bookpedia, uses various sources for looking book/CD/DVD details up. In Australia it's A&R for boks - I know because I've bought a lot of books during business trips Down Under.

Besides various country references there is also the LOC in the US. You can download a trial (like 10 books limit) to see how it works for you.

I tried DL after I started using Bookpedia and, while I liked the visual design, it was too much for a 600+ library so I stayed with Bookpedia. Since the pedias let you download data to your iPod you can carry a list with you. I actually changed the format a little bit to suit my needs - rather easy for an old fart like me. They also appear to be working on downloading to the iPhone/touch and I anticipate that will be available after June.
  • Reply 82 of 89
    Maybe I misunderstand you, but DL does indeed offer syncing with ipods too.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kenaustus View Post

They do have a package [rice - check their site, or email them for details.

The pedias, like Bookpedia, uses various sources for looking book/CD/DVD details up. In Australia it's A&R for boks - I know because I've bought a lot of books during business trips Down Under.

Besides various country references there is also the LOC in the US. You can download a trial (like 10 books limit) to see how it works for you.

I tried DL after I started using Bookpedia and, while I liked the visual design, it was too much for a 600+ library so I stayed with Bookpedia. Since the pedias let you download data to your iPod you can carry a list with you. I actually changed the format a little bit to suit my needs - rather easy for an old fart like me. They also appear to be working on downloading to the iPhone/touch and I anticipate that will be available after June.

• Reply 83 of 89
    Two questions:

1) Where's 2.0?

2) In 1.6.x, I can get a group of selections that are a combination (additive) of two of my shelves by Command-clicking on multiple shelves. How can I get a 'subtraction' of multiple shelves?

i.e.- I have a shelf for my "Not Seen" movies (dvds & Blu-rays) and I have a shelf for "Blu-rays." How can I display only movies that are in both, so I see a collection of "Blu-rays that I haven't seen?"
  • Reply 84 of 89
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BKMaggert View Post

Two questions:

1) Where's 2.0?

2) In 1.6.x, I can get a group of selections that are a combination (additive) of two of my shelves by Command-clicking on multiple shelves. How can I get a 'subtraction' of multiple shelves?

i.e.- I have a shelf for my "Not Seen" movies (dvds & Blu-rays) and I have a shelf for "Blu-rays." How can I display only movies that are in both, so I see a collection of "Blu-rays that I haven't seen?"

1) Judging by Wil's Twitter feed, it's about ready to drop. Apparently he bought a Macbook Air and it caused DL to crash...

2) You'd have to do it manually, I think. You're setting up a boolean operation like you would if you created a playlist rule in iTunes. Maybe in DL2...

Why do you buy so many films you need to track which ones you haven't seen?

Thought I was bad
  • Reply 85 of 89
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
  • Reply 86 of 89
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Version 2.0 is out (if you know where to look). I was able to upgrade for $15.
  • Reply 87 of 89
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    You mean like the link I provided?

Looking good so far, just a couple of cosmetic bugs I've run across and reported.
  • Reply 88 of 89
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    But where's the $15 upgrade?
  • Reply 89 of 89
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sjk View Post

But where's the $15 upgrade?

Library --> Delicious Licensor