Black Macbook

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
If the macbook doesn't get a cosmetic update this summer and only another dinky update then I may consider buying a black macbook. My question is: Do the black macbooks have that glossy, shiny cover like the white ones or is it more of a matte finish?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    j120387j120387 Posts: 56member
    its a matte finish on the blackbooks. the white ones have the glossy finish on the outer casings.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    holmes89holmes89 Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by J120387 View Post

its a matte finish on the blackbooks. the white ones have the glossy finish on the outer casings.

Do you know if they scratch or discolor like the white ones?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    j120387j120387 Posts: 56member
    ive only had a white macbook and it scratch a good amount even though i kept it in a case most of the time. I have gone on to the Macbook Pros now, so i dont use a Macbook anymore. from looking at the apple store floor models of the black ones, they seem not to show the scratch marks.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    imickimick Posts: 351member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Holmes89 View Post

I have a black one that I've had for 15 months. I almost always have it in a sleeve, but I do take it out to use it on a hotel desk. There are zero scratches on it.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Holmes89 View Post

People say that the black is more scratch resistant than the white one and of course there is no the discoloring issue. The black is not just a colored white, it is a different material and you can feel the difference in the touch.

The disadvantage of the black Macbook is that it shows very easily fingerprints. But then it is very easily cleaned with a slightly damped cloth.