A Keyboard Question

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So, I'm relatively new to the Mac and I've got the a new German QWERTZ Keyboard but now I have to write a spanish text for school. How can I write spanish letters with it, either in Pages or Word? I'm referring to the tilde and the apostrophe. Is there any possibility do do this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by green-bee.salsa View Post

So, I'm relatively new to the Mac and I've got the a new German QWERTZ Keyboard but now I have to write a spanish text for school. How can I write spanish letters with it, either in Pages or Word? I'm referring to the tilde and the apostrophe. Is there any possibility do do this?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if it's the same on the QWERTZ keyboard, but on the QWERTY one, hit option+n and then n quickly to make a ñ and option+e then e for é or option+~ e for è. Experiment with option and letters and also try them with shift held too and you can find anything you need. Ã*, á, î, ü, Ã¥, ç,etc. (I don't know the difference between é and è, but apparently there is one since they have the option for both)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thanks a lot, it works fine now. I found the button I need by trying alt on every button on the keyboard.

The letter è is not used in Spanish but we use it in French, while é is used in both languages.