Time Capsule Problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm having problems with my brand spanking new Time Capsule. its setup as my router (does not seem to have the range of my previous netgear router BTW) and when I choose Timemachine in order to setup the backup from my MBPro I can see the Time Capsule, I choose it, it asks for a password, it thinks for a minute then it switches the "on/off" icon to "OFF" then just sits there at the opening screen of Time machine.

It doesnt seem to have set anything up and I cant believe thats how its meant to work. Does anyone have any idea of what is happening and perhaps how I can fix it?

I spent 30 minutes on hold yesterday trying to get an Apple networking Tech to chat to.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    woleksywoleksy Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jsplash View Post

I'm having problems with my brand spanking new Time Capsule. its setup as my router (does not seem to have the range of my previous netgear router BTW) and when I choose Timemachine in order to setup the backup from my MBPro I can see the Time Capsule, I choose it, it asks for a password, it thinks for a minute then it switches the "on/off" icon to "OFF" then just sits there at the opening screen of Time machine.

It doesnt seem to have set anything up and I cant believe thats how its meant to work. Does anyone have any idea of what is happening and perhaps how I can fix it?

I spent 30 minutes on hold yesterday trying to get an Apple networking Tech to chat to.

Have had a similar problem. It asks for a password (my account user name is already inserted). When I enter the account password it says it is "invalid". Tried resetting TC password and no help.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jsplashjsplash Posts: 6member
    Its the THIRD day in a row where I've sat on hold on the phone waiting to talk to an Apple Tech about my problems with Time Capsule. My limit for being on hold is 30 minutes then I drop..... If people are having to wait for such a long time to chat to a Apple Tech perhaps the new Time Capsule is having problems?

Anyone else having issues?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jsplashjsplash Posts: 6member
    fourth day ..... man they are slooooow to answer
  • Reply 4 of 6
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Have you tried doing the first backup while connected via ethernet?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Delete the apostrophe in the time capsules name. Worked fine for me.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I had trouble added my Time Capsule to my existing wireless-N network. Turns out that the Time Capsule does not like being added to an existing network. According to Apple Support it only likes being the Network Master. :-(