HELP! External Keyboard Malfunction Screws Up Mouse

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I seem to have managed something I didn't think possible tonight. While trying to remember a hotkey, I press cmd, ctrl, option, shift, and the left / right keys in just about every combination. The result: my external keyboard is no longer functioning with the system, and typing a key when the keyboard is connected will cause my external mouse to right click with both mouse buttons, making it impossible to do just about anything.

A restart of the system was able to get the mouse buttons back to their normal left/right functions, but the keyboard is still cancerous.

I'm running a Macbook Pro with OSX 10.4.11. Can anyone help me get my keyboard back up and running again?

I'd like to just uninstall the connection between the two, and then reconnect the USB so that it would find the keyboard all over again like new (PC fix), but I'm at a loss for how to do something like that now...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Well, lo and behold I went to the Logitech website to see if anything could be found there. I downloaded their Control Center for Mac, and it was able to remap the keyboard so that it is functioning properly again.

However, were this a microsoft keyboard or something else, I'd probably still be stuck now. If anyone knows what I did to cause that craziness, or knows a fix, I'd be interested to hear it.