Time To Buy?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Two questions:

A) Is it a good time to buy an iPhone.

The only thing I care about in hardware v. 2 is GPS, but the SDK release makes me think that hardware v. 2 is further off than the early summer. Also, I haven't seen anything confirming that hardware v. 2 will have GPS (I don't care about GSM vs. EDGE).

B) If I do buy one is there anything I need to worry about in terms of firmware, etc?

Thx, all.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I don't keep up on all this but I doubt v2 of the hardware will have GPS. I'm sure Apple thinks Google's pin drop method works well enough.

Sounds like you should buy. The software/firmware updates are automagical.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by awse View Post

Two questions:

A) Is it a good time to buy an iPhone.

The only thing I care about in hardware v. 2 is GPS, but the SDK release makes me think that hardware v. 2 is further off than the early summer. Also, I haven't seen anything confirming that hardware v. 2 will have GPS (I don't care about GSM vs. EDGE).

B) If I do buy one is there anything I need to worry about in terms of firmware, etc?

Thx, all.

Wait till June's WWDC 08. Its only 3 months away.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    I'm actually considering an iPhone after seeing the SDK presentation. I'm happy to wait a few more months though if it means that I may be able to get a 3G version. I may actually wait until my current AT&T contract runs out (in October) anyway and see what sort of apps crop up from developers.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Do you guys think that because the software v2.0 is coming out in June, it will be accompanied by a hardware v2.0 with 3G? When do you think Apple will announce this if it is going to happen?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peter Nincompoop View Post

Do you guys think that because the software v2.0 is coming out in June, it will be accompanied by a hardware v2.0 with 3G? When do you think Apple will announce this if it is going to happen?

It seems logical to me that there will be some type of major revision to the iPhone in June. After all, June will mark the one year anniversary of the iPhone launch. If there's a better time to update I sure don't know what it is.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

did say WAIT

even if you needed to get a net10 phone or go phone

in a few months I feel two things will happen

A NEW 3 G PHONE

AND

CHEAPER 2.5G PHONE
  • Reply 7 of 8
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Yea but guys he says he only cares about GPS? Does anyone think GPS is coming in June? If not then buy.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    unless you REALLY NEED IT......get a cheap pay as you go phone.