.ico on Safari

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi Guys,

I have been a passive, but nonetheless enthusiastic, observer of AI for some time. Finally, I had a reason to join: I have a problem which I hope you guys can help me with; I am having a website developed for my business. The website works fine with Safari, however the icon in the address bar do not appear regularly. I have noticed that if I access the site in Firefox it work fine and if I leave Firefox open the icon is often visible in Safari (both in the address bar as well as in bookmark folder).

I have noticed that the problem is not isolated to my own website, but also, for example, happens with thestreet.com.

Can anyone tell me if there is solution to this as my web developer can not solve this small, but quite annoying, problem.

Thx.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pacman View Post

Hi Guys,

I have been a passive, but nonetheless enthusiastic, observer of AI for some time. Finally, I had a reason to join: I have a problem which I hope you guys can help me with; I am having a website developed for my business. The website works fine with Safari, however the icon in the address bar do not appear regularly. I have noticed that if I access the site in Firefox it work fine and if I leave Firefox open the icon is often visible in Safari (both in the address bar as well as in bookmark folder).

I have noticed that the problem is not isolated to my own website, but also, for example, happens with thestreet.com.

Can anyone tell me if there is solution to this as my web developer can not solve this small, but quite annoying, problem.

Thx.

include this line in your page code:

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://www.*yourwebsite*.com/favicon.ico">;
  • Reply 2 of 3
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    or to be really thorough, both of theses lines:

<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

favicon wiki
  • Reply 3 of 3
    pacmanpacman Posts: 5member
    Thank you for your help. I will forward the link to the developer so he - hopefully for him - can get it sorted.

Pacman

mmmmm, Cheeeeeese