iPhone Apple Bluetooth Headset question

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am looking into getting the Apple branded Bluetooth Headset ($129). I don't mainly want it for just the iPhone. I want to use it for war-walking with my laptop for speech recognition. One time I had my ww-rig setup with a battery powered microphone and a G4 Powerbook and the speech recog was incredible, basically because in my belief the mic was powered.

I found out from an AppleInsider article that the Genuine Apple Bluetooth Headset works with Macs via bluetooth and you can pair it. So essentially what I am asking is:

Can someone who has one of those cool headsets and has a little know how go in and pair up the headset with their laptop or desktop and see if the speech recog works? and if it is good? Otherwise I will be force to just buy it and return it if it doesn't work.

Thanks, really would appreciate that

Laters...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I would seriously consider other Bluetooth earpieces. The Apple one really sucks. I finally gave up dealing with all the static, poor call qualities (people on the other end couldn't hear me), and short distance before disconnecting. I bought another Motorola earpiece and couldn't be happier.

Hopefully Apple will markedly improve v2 when it comes out.