custom hard drive icons???

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is this something new in 10.1.3? I tried it in 10.1.2 and it did not work. Weird.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Some rules (bugs) on custom icons in OS X:

You can have a custom icon is OS 9 and OS X simultaneously, but you need to set the custom icon in OS 9 first, and then the icon in OS X.

If you want to change a custom icon in X, you need to first open the get info-pane and press delete to remove the prior icon.

And sometimes when you set the icons of Apps and hard-drives, you need to login again for the changes to take effect.

I'm sure there are a whole lot more issues, but these are the ones I've encountered so far. Hope you get it working!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Whyatt Thrash:

<strong>You can have a custom icon is OS 9 and OS X simultaneously...</strong><hr></blockquote>Do you mean having the *same* icon?

- T.I.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by The Installer:

<strong>Do you mean having the *same* icon?

- T.I.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, boot into OS 9, open the get info panel and paste the OS 9-icon. Then boot into X and set the OS X-icon. Just pasting an OS X-icon in X will not change the icon in OS 9.

I also haven't managed to make a custom OS X icon work on a Classic app. It just shows up as a solid black square.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    You don't have to log out and log in. Just relaunch the finder and you are done